• Advertisement

Trigger Shoe for an RM380

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:24 pm
Has anyone put a trigger shoe on their RM380? If so, what kind? How does it work?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:22 pm
I myself have never felt the need for one...
.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:37 pm
Maybe your trigger finger isn't as arthritic as mine. (But thanks for the input.)
.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:35 am
Hurryin' Hoosier wrote:Has anyone put a trigger shoe on their RM380? If so, what kind? How does it work?

Thinking that the relative "newness" in the market of the RM380 has not yet provided much time for someone to fit a trigger shoe, I looked through the Rohrbaugh Forum to see if anyone there ever fit one to an R9 or R380 because I think the issues of fit would be very similar if not the identical. The challenge is that the trigger pull is long and it can't be restricted because it breaks at the very end of its travel with the trigger ALMOST touching the frame (probably little more that .010" clearance).

Unfortunately I can't report any success - no one there that I was able to find had ever done it. I think there's enough room if the shoe was designed and fit right; hopefully someone will make one at some point or experiment enough with an existing one to be able to be more help than I have been.
.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:52 pm
JR956678 wrote:
Hurryin' Hoosier wrote:Has anyone put a trigger shoe on their RM380? If so, what kind? How does it work?

Thinking that the relative "newness" in the market of the RM380 has not yet provided much time for someone to fit a trigger shoe, I looked through the Rohrbaugh Forum to see if anyone there ever fit one to an R9 or R380 because I think the issues of fit would be very similar if not the identical. The challenge is that the trigger pull is long and it can't be restricted because it breaks at the very end of its travel with the trigger ALMOST touching the frame (probably little more that .010" clearance).

Unfortunately I can't report any success - no one there that I was able to find had ever done it. I think there's enough room if the shoe was designed and fit right; hopefully someone will make one at some point or experiment enough with an existing one to be able to be more help than I have been.

Yeah, I see your point. Maybe I'll just have to soak my finger in Absorbine liniment before going to the range. Thanks, JR!

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:39 pm
I saw someone share that they used a Kel-Tec P11 Trigger Shoe.

I've not tried one, but to me, it seems like the pull will be the same distance regardless. Never the less, after running 50+ rounds through it at the range, my trigger finger is always sore where the recoil rises up to pinch it on the trigger guard...
I gotta "finger" out how to change my grip... maybe a shoe would help.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:47 pm
Just installed the Kel-Tec P11 trigger shoe on my RM380. Helped the sore finger a lot.
.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:36 pm
Did it feel like you didn’t have to pull the trigger back as far?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:09 am
I recently installed the Kel Tec trigger shoe on my RM380 and it does create the feeling that the trigger pull is shorter. What’s really happening is that your finger is further forward in the trigger guard when the trigger breaks.

Unfortunately it didn’t work for me. I installed it as tightly as I could and used blue loctite on the set screws but after 20 rounds it came off.

Also, the edges are very sharp. I filed and wet sanded mine to round all the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:59 pm
Just took the one off of my KT P11 and put it on the RM. Feels really good. Probably increases the trigger width be one third. I suspect the reason it doesn't want to stay on during recoil is because unlike the P11, which has a plastic trigger and gives something for the set screws to bite into, the RM's steel trigger would need to be dimple drilled for the set screws. Too bad our guns aren't like in the movies or TV, and have NO RECOIL!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:11 pm
larr47 wrote:Just took the one off of my KT P11 and put it on the RM. Feels really good. Probably increases the trigger width be one third. I suspect the reason it doesn't want to stay on during recoil is because unlike the P11, which has a plastic trigger and gives something for the set screws to bite into, the RM's steel trigger would need to be dimple drilled for the set screws. Too bad our guns aren't like in the movies or TV, and have NO RECOIL!!!!!

Agree about the steel trigger being the issue. I was not willing to drill the trigger so no trigger shoe for me.
.22LR
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:02 pm
I tried the K-T P11 trigger shoe after reading these posts. I didn't care for it. It makes the trigger much wider, without adding much front to back thickness, which is kinda the point. Just a piece of plastic. Plus, it pinches my finger a little.

Just my two cents.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Return to Remington RM-380