• Advertisement

Sling Options

Anything and everything related to tactical and home defense use of firearms can be posted here.

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:19 pm
I've been looking for a new sling (1 or 2 point) for my Remington 870. It will mainly be used for HD, what does everyone recommend?
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 pm
I have always been a fan of the Rocky Moutain Tactical Slings but that is just personal preference.
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:56 pm
Has any one used one of these

http://vickerstactical.com/larry-vicker ... ies-sling/
or
http://store.vikingtactics.com/merchant ... gory_Code=
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:18 pm
I have the Botach Tactical single point I got from ERGO. I like it, easy to transition, but for HD I think it would be a hinderance, a hang up hazard. So for HD, I dont normally keep a sling on my gun, but if I do its an M1907 and just loose enough.
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
"No free man shall ever be precluded the use of arms."
Do right and fear nothing!
Vendor
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:35 pm
Buttonsling.com. Look at the 'Throw and Go' single point bungee. One sling will transfer between almost every long gun you own. I have owned many slings and spent lots of money with little satisfaction. I only have one sling now. I showed this to a Secret Service armorer at a trade show and they soon after bought 1200 of them from Larry Gann who designed them.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:45 pm
Those are cool! I especially like how the shotgun pins just replace a receiver pin, other wise on AR/M4 firearms, the end plate is switched out like any single point or HK style end plate.

Pretty sweet stuff!

For HD, I still prefer a two point with little slack if anything at all.
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
Vendor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:54 am
My issue for switching to a single point was to avoid the times where the 2 point would tend to catch on my holster or a door knob when clearing a building. It happened too often to make me comfortable. The single point also allows an easier transition to handgun. Its much easier to loose control of the muzzle w/ a 2 point.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:39 pm
nkeegstra wrote:My issue for switching to a single point was to avoid the times where the 2 point would tend to catch on my holster or a door knob when clearing a building. It happened too often to make me comfortable. The single point also allows an easier transition to handgun. Its much easier to loose control of the muzzle w/ a 2 point.

As you describe, I agree, It makes more sense for a single point. I've never been in your position with LE, but I am able to vouch for easier transition to handgun as well.

Good points.
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:57 pm
I use the light 1" nylon sling on all of my long guns.
Life member NRA, GOA, LEAA. Member KS State Rifle Association.

Return to Tactical And Home Defense