• Advertisement

Remington V3 for Sporting Clay

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:05 am
In the market for a V3 walnut....Any thoughts on this shotgun other than Randy Wakeman reviews??? He likes it, but like to hear it from the field....Lots of old threads here, thanks for any feedback.
Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier....
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:19 pm
I've looked at them...never fired one.

Maybe will...some day !!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:49 pm
Hard to believe the low response to these threads....
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:43 pm
Please excused the Crickets sounds behind me.......
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:46 am
I have shot one (1). Looked and worked okay. For Sporting Clays it should work fine. JUST for SC I would prefer a heavier shinier gun like an 1100 or 11-87 Premier, but that's just me.
What could have happened... did.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:26 am
I'm hearing "rumors" that Remington might come out with a "sporting clays" type variant of the V3, but I don't know if it's true or when it might happen. I'm very interested in the V3 walnut but don't want to jump the gun prematurely. :?:

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:41 pm
I use the walnut V3 for sporting in Arizona, smokes targets with the mod choke. Only complaint is it throws empties too far, sagebrush, cactus and rattlesnakes. Reliable though.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:45 am
To bring this older post up to date; I don't know why if the V3 fits you it would not do just fine on SC course. The 26 inch walnut version I have is a joy to shoot at SC and its Briley made CTs pattern well. I suspect at some future date the V3 will come out in a target version with all the bells and whistles, but I think they are too busy selling them in hunting and HD configurations right now.

If they do bring one out, I hope it will have a properly polished blued barrel rather than the matte finish black oxide present now. For target work the 28 inch walnut has enough forward bias to be a credible SC gun as is, although the SC crowd will sneer at anything less than 30 inches of barrel. Time will tell, but having owned many, many different semi autos; I am convinced from owning mine that the V3 is going to make a huge impact in its field. It already is a game changer in reliability and minimal maintenance required which will fit in well to the target shooting arena.

Return to Remington V3 Autoloader