• Advertisement

Just Arrived***Brand New Remington 597 22WMR

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 am
I haven't logged on here in a while, because it took some time to chill out, after My first 552 bdl was destroyed by some disgruntled Remington employee.

Anyway......My brand new Remington 597 WMR LS HB rifle arrived yesterday, and I've just registered it online. I've been trying to buy one of these for years.......

Now, I'm waiting for the new Redfield 4-12x40 Revolution scope, and also waiting for the Leupold Std base/rings to arrive, plus the soft case, and some extra CCI ammo.

This Remington rifle is the perfect companion for My T/C Classic Benchmark target rifle, also equipped with a Redfield 4-12 Revolution scope.

Actually, way back in mid 2003, I wanted to order a 22 WMR 597 Remington rifle, but nobody had them in stock, so during late 2003, when Thompson/Center made the Classic Benchmark 22 LR rifle available, I was able to order it successfully.
The T/C's serial number is low, since it was very early in the model series build. Originally, I had a Burris 3x9 atop the receiver, but replaced that with the Redfield 4-12x40 a few years ago.

I was pleasantly surprised that Remington built the 22 WMR 597's receiver from steel.......I was under the presumption that it was alloy, like Ruger's 10/22.

Current count: three Remington rimfire rifles, My unfired 552 bdl, a 504 topped with a Leupold vx-1 2-7 rimfire scope, and of course the new 597 22WMR. Eventually, I may sell or trade the 552, to help fund a new 1100 Sporting series, in 20 or 28 gauge. 8-)
It is, what it is..........
~Gary Gnu
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:28 am
Congrats! I've got a 597M also (there's a thread around somewhere) that sees way too little use. But they cycle and operate and mine is as accurate as needed.

Post up some gun pics!
NRA Life, NAHC Life, Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars .... glory, lasts forever!

20g
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:45 am
Always liked the 597M. Remington stopped production of the magnum model I read. I settled on the Ruger American compact which has the 18 inch barrel. Light and handy and very accurate. Bought the standard stock module for better length of pull. Still I would love a 597 M for a semi. Hope yours gives years of reliable service.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:32 pm
I actually grabbed a Ruger American Rimfire 22 WMR when they first came out, but was not a fan of the plastic stock inserts and bumps to get the right stock position. I sold it and grabbed a 597M (luckily) right before they disappeared. I should shoot it more.
NRA Life, NAHC Life, Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars .... glory, lasts forever!

20g
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:06 pm
Scorpion8 wrote:I actually grabbed a Ruger American Rimfire 22 WMR when they first came out, but was not a fan of the plastic stock inserts and bumps to get the right stock position. I sold it and grabbed a 597M (luckily) right before they disappeared. I should shoot it more.

Well I would be a happy camper with the Ruger and the 597M for sure. Don't need 2 bolts so the Marlin mag might get traded if I come across a Rem 597. Shorter barrels and the best of both worlds.
.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:44 am
Scorpion8 wrote:Congrats! I've got a 597M also (there's a thread around somewhere) that sees way too little use. But they cycle and operate and mine is as accurate as needed.

Post up some gun pics!

I'd love to, but My Go-daddy hosting went away.
Halfway thru the paid-up year, they trashed My account, and they lied to the Consumer Protection Bureau, saying that My account had expired.
I haven't had the desire to subscribe to another oufit, yet.
It is, what it is..........
~Gary Gnu
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:21 am
If you want, there's a free hosting site called imgur that you can load up pix and post em.

Www.imgur.com
Former Admin

.22LR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:13 pm
SPYC0: Congrats on your purchase. I bought a used 597m back in 2008, but I didn't shoot it often due to FTF/FTE probs. Changed to the newest magazines, but that was not the problem as everyone suggested so I switched out the extractor per a suggestion here on the forum. Since then it has worked great. My Remmie was in very good condition when I bought it so, it still works great!

Return to Remington Autoloading Model 597