• Advertisement

Remington R-25 Troubleshooting...

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:31 pm
Any issues, concerns or problems you may have with your Remington R-25; this is a thread for troubleshooting.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:44 pm
Alright, I ran into a certain issue with mine. I just bought mine and have only shot a few rounds through it. I did the standard procedure before firing it(disassemble,clean,reassemble,etc). when I got home, I cleaned and lubed it as recommended. And because this is my first AR, and I was happy with my new toy, I wanted to see how the action works without actually firing. I loaded a mag, and began charging the handle. As I watched how the action spat out the rounds, on the third pull of the charging handle, the bolt seemed to get stuck. this was with a 20rd magpull, and it does it more than once. I read all the forums on AR's and all, added more lube, cleaned it well, lube, lube, lube, etc....
any thoughts?
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:54 pm
Does it do this while you shoot it too or only when you are cycling the rounds by hand?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:45 pm
Good Question. I have been running into misfeed/jam issues when I fire it as well. when I manually work the action without ammo, it works flawlessly. As I mentioned before, I read all the forums on the R25 .308, and tried all the simple tricks like, using different mags, turning the mag release one more turn, cleaning and lubing very well, etc... After trying these things, the issue still remains. Now, I took one step back, and looked closer at the clues. As I manually cycled another mag full of rounds, I ran into more sticking of the bolt. Only this time, I separated those rounds from the ones that cycled perfectly. Upon inspection, the rounds that were chambered when the bolt would stick, had distinct scuff marks on the casings. This means that it is not the bolt thats sticking, but rather the casings sticking in the chamber. I came to the conclusion that my barrel must have a ROUGH chamber, and in the end, it is whats causing my misfeeds/jams while live firing. If I have trouble pulling the charging handle after it sticks, Its definitely going to affect the rifle's cycle action.
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:37 pm
yes it seems like something is wrong with the chamber. Have you tried contacting Remington about your problem?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:45 pm
I just got an email from remington. They said they
send me a postage label. Hopefully they take care of it
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:40 pm
Keep us posted on how it goes.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:21 pm
Im new to the forum and not sure if this topic has been discussed in the past so here goes, I purchaced an R-25 in .308 and have been having jamming issues, I am using GI rounds as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:55 am
Welcome to the Remington Owners Forum elrudo !!

Hope it all works out...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:59 am
Welcome to the Remington Owners Forum singletonmojo !!

Military rounds ( 7.62x51mm NATO ) and civilian rounds ( .308 Winchester ) don't always interchange well...it really depends on the chamber tolerences of the particular rifle.

Read this for a better understanding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.308_Winchester

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:36 pm
I am having the same issues with my bolt sticking and cannot pull the charging handle back to get the jammed/miss fire bullet out. I am using hornady 165 gr GMX. the firing pin is hitting the bullet put its not going off. I took my rifle to a gun smith and he states that the miss fires where due to recessed primers. All of my Hornady ammo has recessed primers further more I went to Cabela's in Fort Worth and pulled 5 random boxes of Hornady rifle ammo in 5 different calibers off the shelves and all of the ammunition had recessed primers. I notified a sales person and the immediately got there manger and stated they where going to call Hornady cause it looked like bad ammo. I also emailed Hornady and I am waiting on an reply. There bad ammo caused me to go sight seeing instead of hunting in Kansas one day and got to watch a 16 pt. buck. Anyway my friend said he was having jams with his bolt locking in his AR and he was using metal factory high cap. magazines and he switched to plastic magpul mags and has had no more problems.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:54 am
Dear Anyone

I just bought brand new R25 with caliber .308win and at very first shot there was bullet case jam problem and was not auto-loading next bullet. So cleaned lubed everything as described in owners manual. Then i checked again, and it seems that there was no more problem with case jam and case was freely throws away. But it can not auto load next bullet. what is the problem? Can anyone help me?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:02 pm
I recently traded a AR15 for the Remington R25 (308) and had jamming issues. After bringing it to the gunsmith (twice), he figured out it was the solid piece gas block was not sealing good enough around the barrel, and put a Yankee hill clamp stile gas block on. The factory block would actually wiggle after losening the screws and you could see where gas would leak around the gas block and not get enough pressure to the gas key to push the bolt back all the way.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:09 am
Have a new Remington R25 ar10 cambered in 308. This gun jams about every 3 or 4 rounds, tried different mags, Ammo. Everything.

After great disappointment and aggravation and reading on the net I find others have had the same problem, Remington fixed it for one guy but it took 6 weeks.

Hope this can be resolved.

Bill
Northeast Ohio

Return to Remington Autoloading Model R-25