• Advertisement

Is Remington Making Guns Anymore ??

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:55 am
Is the firearm manufacturing at Remington completely shut down? And if so are there any plans to restart production? I know they're making ammunition.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:33 am
RemArms (the new company that took over the firearms side of Remington) has started again. There have been new guns shipped, mainly 870's as far as I know. Some were assembled from old-stock parts, some are new production. But they are ramping up again.
NRA Life, NAHC Life, Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars .... glory, lasts forever!

20g
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:28 am
Recently caught a video dated July 26. Was shot at Scheels I believe. Showed a couple newer produced 870s. Appeared to be the Express line with poor wood to metal fit around the stock/receiver and overall matte finish. I too heard using up older parts from past 870s. as well as making newer ones. Price was $400. Just hoping we will eventually see the Wingmaster with walnut and high polish bluing as well as the 1100.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:58 pm
There is definitely product heading to stores. How much is anyone's guess.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/conten ... o-dealers/

I've also heard from other sources there may be QC issues now and to come; but that remains to be seen.

As someone without unlimited resources and even more limited funds to spend on firearms I won't be buying any new Remington firearms until quality is confirmed. I don't trust corporations that make making money their main goal AND product...not just profiting from making a quality product. Look where that took Remington the last time....though I love my 870 and 700...my 870 is a product of the Cerberus days and it took deburring and polishing the chamber to make it a workable firearm and not a jam-o-matic piece of crap. That just shouldn't happen.
"Come on people, what the hell? It’s gotta be the brain, don’t y’all know nothin’?" Daryl Dixon

20g
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:07 am
Yep I agree! Bought my 3 Remingtons in the early 80s. All exhibit great workmanship and have been trouble free. Sure could use a 870 Wingmaster in 20 gauge but it will be a used one for sure with walnut and high polish bluing. Definitely need "gun people" leading the charge at Remington.

Return to The Past, Present And Future Of Remington