• Advertisement

Remington 770 Bolt Action Troubleshooting...

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:42 pm
Any issues, concerns or problems you may have with your Remington 770 bolt action; this is a thread for troubleshooting.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:02 pm
So I just got this 770 as a gift have not fired it because I cannot get the bolt in all the way. It goes in 3/4s of the way and hits the stock. Brought it to a more gun savy friend of mine and he couldn't help on the spot anyway. I Was told The bolt was sticky but this seems a bit more extreme unless I am missing something simple. Anyone who can offer advise or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:25 am
put gun down till u read manual.be safe
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:36 pm
Welcome to the Ithaca Owners Forum oldshooter !!

Good advice...

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:59 pm
The problems with this rifle are few and fixable. mine is great and a tack driver. The sticky bolt resolves itself with Rem oil and use. I floated the barrel, bedded the receiver and adjusted the Walker trigger. The only weakness I can see on this rifle is the bolt stop will wear and break after repeated use, no matter how gentle you are with it. I ordered several bolt stops and so this problem is no "biggie" now. This has the same 3 rings of steel as the 700 series, but with 3 lugs instead of 2 to shorten the throw. this rifle will last forever unlike all the comments I have seen from the gun snobs. Thank you!
We can forget about the past, but the past never forgets about us.

Return to Remington Bolt Action Model 770